Delhi Metro: CST-Sarita Vihar corridor opening from Sunday
New Delhi: Delhi Metro’s Central Secretariat-Sarita Vihar corridor, that provides connectivity to Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, will be thrown open to the public on Sunday morning, just hours before the start of Commonwealth Games.
The 16-km corridor will be inaugurated at 8 a.m. tomorrow and the first train will leave the Central Secretariat station, DMRC sources said.
Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) RK Kardam, who inspected the line yesterday and this morning, is understood to have given his mandatory clearance for the opening of the line.
The line is crucial as it provides connectivity to Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, the main venue of the Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’