Delhi Metro: CST-Sarita Vihar corridor opening from Sunday
New Delhi: Delhi Metro’s Central Secretariat-Sarita Vihar corridor, that provides connectivity to Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, will be thrown open to the public on Sunday morning, just hours before the start of Commonwealth Games.
The 16-km corridor will be inaugurated at 8 a.m. tomorrow and the first train will leave the Central Secretariat station, DMRC sources said.
Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) RK Kardam, who inspected the line yesterday and this morning, is understood to have given his mandatory clearance for the opening of the line.
The line is crucial as it provides connectivity to Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, the main venue of the Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site