Delhi Metro employee held for stealing Rs 3.83 lakh
New Delhi: A 20-year-old Delhi Metro staffer has been arrested for allegedly stealing Rs 3.83 lakh from the Station Control Room at the Rohini (West) station, police said on Sunday.
According to police, the accused, a contractual employee who had been hired as a cleaner, was held for stealing the money from the locker of the Station Control Room (SCR).
The accused has been identified as Satish, a resident of Nangloi.
Rs 3.73 lakh of the stolen amount has been recovered from the possession of the accused, who was arrested yesterday, police added.
"On Friday night, Satish stole an amount of Rs 3.83 lakh from the locker of SCR, using a duplicate key.
"However, he was caught on camera cutting the wires of two other cameras," said a police officer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata