Delhi Metro employee held for stealing Rs 3.83 lakh
New Delhi: A 20-year-old Delhi Metro staffer has been arrested for allegedly stealing Rs 3.83 lakh from the Station Control Room at the Rohini (West) station, police said on Sunday.
According to police, the accused, a contractual employee who had been hired as a cleaner, was held for stealing the money from the locker of the Station Control Room (SCR).
The accused has been identified as Satish, a resident of Nangloi.
Rs 3.73 lakh of the stolen amount has been recovered from the possession of the accused, who was arrested yesterday, police added.
"On Friday night, Satish stole an amount of Rs 3.83 lakh from the locker of SCR, using a duplicate key.
"However, he was caught on camera cutting the wires of two other cameras," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH