Delhi Metro extends corridor in Dwarka
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro on Saturday added another 2.76 km to its network by extending train services to Dwarka sector 21, an official said.
According to a Delhi Metro spokesperson, the Metro services were so far available from Noida/Anand Vihar to Dwarka sector 9. The new section constitutes two stations - Dwarka sector 8 and Dwarka sector 21.
"The first Metro train (on the extended line) was flagged off today (Saturday) at 6 am from Dwarka sector 21 station," the spokesperson said.
"Metro services, presently available on line 3 (from Noida to Dwarka sector 9) and line 4 (from Anand Vihar to Dwarka sector 9), are now extended to Dwarka sector 8 and Dwarka sector 21 metro stations," the spokesperson said.
With the new section, the Metro now has a total operational network of about 156 km with 132 stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- India stresses State's accountability in terror-WMD linkage
- 'RSS people killed Mahatma Gandhi' - Did Rahul Gandhi say this? Is he lying now? WATCH this video; find out
- Leaked data, if genuine, may compromise Scorpene's stealth element: Former Navy chief
- Turkey's Erdogan says US has ''no excuse'' to keep coup suspect Gulen
- Tamil film director Chandrasekar hospitalised