Delhi Metro extends corridor in Dwarka
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro on Saturday added another 2.76 km to its network by extending train services to Dwarka sector 21, an official said.
According to a Delhi Metro spokesperson, the Metro services were so far available from Noida/Anand Vihar to Dwarka sector 9. The new section constitutes two stations - Dwarka sector 8 and Dwarka sector 21.
"The first Metro train (on the extended line) was flagged off today (Saturday) at 6 am from Dwarka sector 21 station," the spokesperson said.
"Metro services, presently available on line 3 (from Noida to Dwarka sector 9) and line 4 (from Anand Vihar to Dwarka sector 9), are now extended to Dwarka sector 8 and Dwarka sector 21 metro stations," the spokesperson said.
With the new section, the Metro now has a total operational network of about 156 km with 132 stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression