Delhi Metro extends corridor in Dwarka
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro on Saturday added another 2.76 km to its network by extending train services to Dwarka sector 21, an official said.
According to a Delhi Metro spokesperson, the Metro services were so far available from Noida/Anand Vihar to Dwarka sector 9. The new section constitutes two stations - Dwarka sector 8 and Dwarka sector 21.
"The first Metro train (on the extended line) was flagged off today (Saturday) at 6 am from Dwarka sector 21 station," the spokesperson said.
"Metro services, presently available on line 3 (from Noida to Dwarka sector 9) and line 4 (from Anand Vihar to Dwarka sector 9), are now extended to Dwarka sector 8 and Dwarka sector 21 metro stations," the spokesperson said.
With the new section, the Metro now has a total operational network of about 156 km with 132 stations.
- Indian Premier League 2016: David Warner's masterclass guides Sunrisers Hyderabad to 15-run win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Youth kills self after shooting newly married woman in east Delhi's Geeta Colony
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today