Delhi Metro extends corridor in Dwarka
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro on Saturday added another 2.76 km to its network by extending train services to Dwarka sector 21, an official said.
According to a Delhi Metro spokesperson, the Metro services were so far available from Noida/Anand Vihar to Dwarka sector 9. The new section constitutes two stations - Dwarka sector 8 and Dwarka sector 21.
"The first Metro train (on the extended line) was flagged off today (Saturday) at 6 am from Dwarka sector 21 station," the spokesperson said.
"Metro services, presently available on line 3 (from Noida to Dwarka sector 9) and line 4 (from Anand Vihar to Dwarka sector 9), are now extended to Dwarka sector 8 and Dwarka sector 21 metro stations," the spokesperson said.
With the new section, the Metro now has a total operational network of about 156 km with 132 stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach