Delhi Metro gets Chinese-made rail cars
Beijing: A Chinese train manufacturing firm today said it has sold 21 rail compartments to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive, a subsidiary of major Chinese train manufacturer CSR Corporation, has supplied 21 cars to Delhi`s metro rail system, the company said.
The sale marked the company`s second order from India as it had exported 15 metro cars to the Delhi Metro in 2010, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
The locomotive company said the trains would be more energy-efficient and be an industry model in India, which is affected by power shortages.
CSR is the world`s largest manufacturer of electric locomotives and is China`s leading bullet-train maker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’