Delhi Metro has disaster management plans: Roy
New Delhi: Delhi Metro has made adequate
arrangements for safe passage of passengers from trains in the
event of a stampede or fire and has prepared detailed
evacuation and disaster management plans.
In reply to a question in the Lok Sabha, Minister of
State for Urban Development Saugata Roy said DMRC has reported
that adequate arrangements have been made for safe passage
of passengers in the event of stampede or fire.
"Detailed evacuation and disaster management plans are
available with DMRC for immediate implementation in case of
any eventuality," he said.
Sophisticated fire alarm system is used to provide
early warning and passenger flow is continuously monitored and
managed to prevent overcrowding at any place at all times, he
"There is Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) regarding
crowd management for station staff. Regular refresher training
is conducted for fire fighting and disaster management," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Indian discus thrower Seema Punia qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....