Delhi Metro has disaster management plans: Roy
New Delhi: Delhi Metro has made adequate
arrangements for safe passage of passengers from trains in the
event of a stampede or fire and has prepared detailed
evacuation and disaster management plans.
In reply to a question in the Lok Sabha, Minister of
State for Urban Development Saugata Roy said DMRC has reported
that adequate arrangements have been made for safe passage
of passengers in the event of stampede or fire.
"Detailed evacuation and disaster management plans are
available with DMRC for immediate implementation in case of
any eventuality," he said.
Sophisticated fire alarm system is used to provide
early warning and passenger flow is continuously monitored and
managed to prevent overcrowding at any place at all times, he
"There is Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) regarding
crowd management for station staff. Regular refresher training
is conducted for fire fighting and disaster management," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read