Delhi Metro has disaster management plans: Roy
New Delhi: Delhi Metro has made adequate
arrangements for safe passage of passengers from trains in the
event of a stampede or fire and has prepared detailed
evacuation and disaster management plans.
In reply to a question in the Lok Sabha, Minister of
State for Urban Development Saugata Roy said DMRC has reported
that adequate arrangements have been made for safe passage
of passengers in the event of stampede or fire.
"Detailed evacuation and disaster management plans are
available with DMRC for immediate implementation in case of
any eventuality," he said.
Sophisticated fire alarm system is used to provide
early warning and passenger flow is continuously monitored and
managed to prevent overcrowding at any place at all times, he
"There is Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) regarding
crowd management for station staff. Regular refresher training
is conducted for fire fighting and disaster management," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range