Delhi Metro may be extended to satellite towns
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro services may
be extended to satellite towns like Faridabad and Bahadurgarh
in Haryana to improve their connectivity with the national
"A committee has been constituted to look into all
aspects of the extension of Metro to Faridabad and
Bahadurgarh," Urban Development Minister S Jaipal Reddy told
reporters after chairing a meeting of the National Capital
Region Planning Board (NCRPB).
He said the committee, to be chaired by Secretary, Urban
Development, M Ramchandran will submit its report shortly.
Reddy said this was the 25th year of the formation of
NCRPB and expressed satisfaction over its functioning which
has led to reduction in migration to Delhi.
"It has made considerable progress in reducing migration
to Delhi. Had it not been for this Board, the population of
Delhi, which is already huge, would have been larger," the
He said in the meeting it was agreed to provide Rs 2,700
crore to the NCRPB for year 2009-10 and 2010-11.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Haryana Chief
Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, ministers from Uttar Pradesh
and Madhya Pradesh were also present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what