Delhi Metro movie gets National Award
New Delhi: Delhi Metro has added another
feather to its cap.
A film on the engineering challenges faced by Delhi Metro
during the second phase of construction has won the National
Award in the `Best Promotional Film Non-Feature films`
`The Dream Fulfilled’ Memories of the Engineering
Challenges` was declared the winner today. The prestigious
`Rajat Kamal` award will be conferred to the film by President
Pratibha Patil in May.
`The Dream Fulfilled Memories of the Engineering
Challenges` is a 30 minute documentary which highlights the
technical difficulties and challenges faced by the engineers
during the construction of Delhi Metro?s Phase two under which
125 kilometres of Metro lines were constructed in only four
and a half years.
The film has made heavy use of international quality 3
Dimensional (3D) graphics to depict the various engineering
challenges that the DMRC confronted during the construction
work in such an easy manner that people with non-engineering
backgrounds would also easily understand, a DMRC spokesperson
The film showcases the various challenges that the DMRC
team faced such as the construction of a bridge with a 100
metre span at Okhla over railway tracks, the signature bridge
over the Ring Road at Moolchand, the viaduct over Dhaula Kuan,
the Zamrudpur mishap and its eventual timely completion, the
construction of a steel made station at Chattarpur etc.
The film was also widely appreciated during a screening
at the International Film Festival of India held in Goa in
November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon