Delhi Metro: Nearly 300 men fined
New Delhi: Delhi Metro has penalised 295 men
during the past one week for travelling in the women`s coaches
on Metro trains.
Eleven special flying squads, comprising a station
manager, Delhi Metro Rail police staff, security controller
and two security guards, that fanned across all six
operational lines of the Delhi Metro since Friday last also
counselled 2,016 persons in this regard.
The special drive was conducted for a week following
complaints from women passengers regarding entry and
misbehaviour by male passengers inside the ladies coach in
As part of the drive, the flying squads travelled on
trains and conducted surprise checks to ensure that women
commuters feel safe and comfortable while travelling in the
Metro even during late hours.
119 men were penalised for the offence on Rithala-Dilshad
Garden line, 83 on Gurgaon Line, 53 on Noida and 40 on
Badarpur line, a DMRC spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday