Delhi Metro: Nearly 300 men fined
New Delhi: Delhi Metro has penalised 295 men
during the past one week for travelling in the women`s coaches
on Metro trains.
Eleven special flying squads, comprising a station
manager, Delhi Metro Rail police staff, security controller
and two security guards, that fanned across all six
operational lines of the Delhi Metro since Friday last also
counselled 2,016 persons in this regard.
The special drive was conducted for a week following
complaints from women passengers regarding entry and
misbehaviour by male passengers inside the ladies coach in
As part of the drive, the flying squads travelled on
trains and conducted surprise checks to ensure that women
commuters feel safe and comfortable while travelling in the
Metro even during late hours.
119 men were penalised for the offence on Rithala-Dilshad
Garden line, 83 on Gurgaon Line, 53 on Noida and 40 on
Badarpur line, a DMRC spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Actor-politician Ramya refuses to apologise for 'Pakistan is not hell' remark
- Pakistan briefs China on alleged human rights violations in Kashmir Valley
- Russia loses appeal against Paralympics ban in Rio next month
- Google unveils Android Nougat for Nexus devices
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections