Delhi Metro Phase III trial successful
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) successfully started trial runs on the first section of Phase III, between Central Secretariat and Mandi House on Monday.
According to a DMRC statement, after the trial run, the Metro line will opened for commuters by the end of March 2014.
The opening of this stretch has been advanced by about six months as this stretch will help a lot in decongesting the busy Rajiv Chowk Metro Station as the commuters of the Badarpur- Central Secretariat Line bound for Noida and Vaishali will be able to change trains at Mandi House without changing trains twice at Central Secretariat and Rajiv Chowk.
The Mandi House station will be the first interchange station of Delhi Metro`s Phase-III.
It is currently being expanded to cater to the additional passengers who will use the station after the commissioning of this corridor.
(With ANI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics