Delhi Metro Phase III trial successful
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) successfully started trial runs on the first section of Phase III, between Central Secretariat and Mandi House on Monday.
According to a DMRC statement, after the trial run, the Metro line will opened for commuters by the end of March 2014.
The opening of this stretch has been advanced by about six months as this stretch will help a lot in decongesting the busy Rajiv Chowk Metro Station as the commuters of the Badarpur- Central Secretariat Line bound for Noida and Vaishali will be able to change trains at Mandi House without changing trains twice at Central Secretariat and Rajiv Chowk.
The Mandi House station will be the first interchange station of Delhi Metro`s Phase-III.
It is currently being expanded to cater to the additional passengers who will use the station after the commissioning of this corridor.
(With ANI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users