Delhi Metro Phase III trial successful
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) successfully started trial runs on the first section of Phase III, between Central Secretariat and Mandi House on Monday.
According to a DMRC statement, after the trial run, the Metro line will opened for commuters by the end of March 2014.
The opening of this stretch has been advanced by about six months as this stretch will help a lot in decongesting the busy Rajiv Chowk Metro Station as the commuters of the Badarpur- Central Secretariat Line bound for Noida and Vaishali will be able to change trains at Mandi House without changing trains twice at Central Secretariat and Rajiv Chowk.
The Mandi House station will be the first interchange station of Delhi Metro`s Phase-III.
It is currently being expanded to cater to the additional passengers who will use the station after the commissioning of this corridor.
(With ANI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video