Delhi Metro records highest ridership of over 26.84L commuters
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro has recorded its highest ever ridership of 26,84,132 passengers with the maximum number of commuters taking Line 3 and 4 to Dwarka Sector 21 to Noida City Centre and Vaishali.
The highest ridership recorded throughout the day was 26,84,132 yesterday, which surpassed the earlier record set on August 19, 2013 when 26,50,635 people had travelled by the Metro.
About 10,09,276 passengers take the Dwarka Sector 21 to Noida City Centre and Vaishali, while 9,76,549 commuters travel by Line 2 from Jahangirpuri to HUDA City Centre.
While Line 1 from Dilshad Garden to Rithala saw a footfall of 3,58,578 commuters throughout the day, about 2,17,429 passengers took Line 6 from Central Secretariat to Badarpur and 99,757 travelled through the Inderlok/Kirti Nagar to Mundka line.
According to DMRC Executive Director (corporate communication) Anuj Dayal, a slew of measures have been taken by Delhi Metro to cater to such a huge ridership.
Additional 136 coaches have been added since last year and the average speed of trains has been increased from 33 KMPH to 36 KMPH.
During peak hour, headways between trains in Line 2 has been improved from 2 minutes 38 seconds to 2 minutes 18 seconds and in Line 3 and 4 it has been improved from 2 minutes 45 seconds to 2 minutes 36 seconds, Dayal said.
Additional 200 Automatic Fare Collection Gates have also been installed at various stations, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings