Delhi Metro registers record ridership of over 27 lakh commuters
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi Metro created new record and registered highest ridership with 27.60 lakh commuters on August 8.
The recent figures are an increase in the number of commuters from 27.05 lakhs on August 4 and 26.84 lakhs on July 21.
The highest number of ridership was recorded on Line-6 (Mandi House-Badarpur) with 2,22,427 commuters using the services followed by 1,02,416 on Line-5 (Inderlok/Kirti Nagar to Mundka).
The footfall of passengers on Line 3/4 (Dwarka Sec-21 to Noida City Centre/Vaishali) was 10,51,666 followed by Line-2 (Jahangirpuri-Huda City Centre) and Line-1 (Dilshad Garden to Rithala) with 9,72,811 and 3,93,154 respectively.
Meanwhile, the Delhi metro has also made special arrangements for the upcoming Republic Day celebrations.
Flags will be hoisted across all the metro stations and quiz on India`s independence and metro will be organised for commuters at selected metro stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore