Delhi Metro service to be cut on Holi
New Delhi: Delhi Metro will begin operations only at 2 pm on Wednesday on the occasion of Holi.
"Metro train services will start only at 2 pm and will continue normally thereafter," Delhi Metro spokesperson Anuj Dayal said.
Dayal added that the Metro feeder bus services that ferry commuters to and from stations will not be available all through Wednesday.
Delhi Metro now makes over 2,700 trips a day, covering about 70,000 km and carrying around 1.8 million passengers on weekdays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof