Delhi Metro services to be partially curtailed for Beating Retreat
New Delhi: Delhi Metro services will be partially curtailed at two stations on January 29 as part of security arrangements for the Beating Retreat ceremony.
"As per instructions of Delhi Police, on January 29, on the occasion of Beating Retreat, entry and exit from Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan Metro stations of HUDA City Centre- Jahangirpuri (line 2) will not be available from 3 PM to 6.30 PM," a DMRC spokesperson said.
However, interchange of passengers from Line 2 to Line 6 and vice versa will be allowed.
Normal services at these stations will be restored at 6:30 PM, the official said adding metro services on all other lines will be available as per normal schedule throughout the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened