Delhi Metro services to stop at 8 pm
New Delhi: All Delhi Metro services will stop at 8pm, three hours before the normal time of 11pm on Tuesday on account of Diwali.
On Thursday, Delhi Metro will make 200 extra train trips as it anticipates huge rush on `Bhai Duj`. On Tuesday, the last Metro train service will start at 8:00 pm from terminal stations of all the six lines -- Dilshad Garden, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, Huda City Centre, Noida City Centre, Dwarka Sector-21, Yamuna Bank, Vaishali, Inderlok, Mundka, Central Secretariat and Badarpur Metro stations.
Metro train services will run as usual for rest of the day on Diwali from 06:00 am onwards, a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
On Thursday, Metro trains will run at peak-hour frequency from 8:00am to 9.00pm, making over 200 extra train trips.
DMRC will also deploy more Customer Facilitation Agents to help and guide commuters on November 15 at busy Metro stations and will also operate additional ticket counters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'