Delhi Metro sets ridership record with over 26 lakh commuters
New Delhi: Delhi Metro recorded the highest ridership on Monday with over 26 lakh commuters.
"DMRC carried 26,06,364 passengers yesterday, thus setting a new ridership record and establishing itself as a major mass transit facility in the national capital region," a DMRC official said.
The highest passenger footfall-- 9,83,397 was reported on Line 3 Dwarka Sec-21 to Noida City Centre/Vaishali. The line has been marred with recurring disruptions due to problems in overhead electrification problems.
The second highest footfall was recorded on Jahangirpuri to HUDA City Centre metro line with 9,33,431 passengers.
While metro line from Dilshad Garden to Rithala recorded 3,91,162 passengers, Central Secretariat to Badarpur had 1,97,122 commuters and 101,252 passengers used Inderlok/Kirti Nagar to Mundka throughout the day.
The earlier ridership record achieved by DMRC was 25,04,900 on August 8.
In view of the increasing ridership, DMRC has inducted the first eight-coach train on Line 3 yesterday. It plans to induct a total of 68 eight-coach trains on Line 2and 3, out of which 31 trains will run on line 3 and 37 on line 2, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city