Delhi Metro shuts down two stations
New Delhi: Delhi Metro commuters faced a tough time Monday when two stations in the heart of the capital were shut down for around three hours due to a religious gathering on a disputed land.
The two stations closed down were Jor Bagh and INA.
"Due to security reasons, Jor Bagh and INA metro stations were closed for passenger service from 3.20 pm till 6.23 pm," a Delhi Metro official said.
According to a Delhi Police official, the stations were advised to be shut due to a religious gathering at a disputed plot of land in Jor Bagh area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him