Delhi Metro staff renting out rooms, toilets to couples seeking privacy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The spotlight is again on Delhi Metro but for a wrong reason. A sting operation done by Zee Media has revealed that private sanitation staff at metro stations is charging money from couples to allow them to spend some time in washrooms.
The sting operation showed a toilet cleaning staff demanding Rs 500 from the Zee Media reporter who posed as a customer asking for a room for him and his female friend.
It was also revealed that Rs 300-500 are charged by the staff from the couples so they can spend their intimate moments for an hour.
Commenting on the Zee Media expose, Anuj Dayal, DMRC executive director, Corporate Communications, said, "The CD of the news report shown by a television channel has been handed over to DMRC`s Chief Security Commissioner for investigations. If anyone is found involved in any such wrongdoing, very stern action will be taken against the guilty."
“The washrooms of the Delhi Metro stations are maintained and managed by private operators,” Dayal said.
In July this year, CCTV footages of couples in Metro trains getting intimate on their trains were leaked and uploaded on porn websites.
Over 250 clips of couples in near-empty trains were made into two-to-eight-minute videos and uploaded on porn sites. As per reports, the leaked CCTV videos were viewed by at least 1.5 lakh people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre