Delhi Metro stations to be under increased intel surveillance
New Delhi: Security agencies have decided to bring Delhi metro stations under increased surveillance cover and share intelligence in case of any untoward activity to the facilities in the wake of recent incidents of firing and people organising protests on rail tracks.
During a meeting of top Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh police, CISF, central security agencies and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) officials, it was decided to exchange more "intelligence" on suspicious movements towards Delhi Metro stations and ensure quick deployment of "unarmed" security personnel at the entry of these facilities.
The agencies were taken off-guard when a group of Sikh protestors had swooped down at the Subhash Nagar Metro station on May 1 and they protested on the rail track by climbing onto the train engine.
Also, a few months back a man killed his wife and injured his father-in-law when he fired outside the Karkardooma metro station.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which is the nodal security agency for Delhi Metro, has also asked the Union Home Ministry to sanction it an additional 3,805 personnel for duties at the public transport facility.
It now has a total strength of 4,869 personnel (men and women) deployed on the network which runs in the national capital region including Gurgaon (Haryana), Ghaziabad and Noida (Uttar Pradesh).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read