Delhi Metro to add fifth line tomorrow
New Delhi: Delhi Metro will add fifth line to its vast expanding network on Thursday when Inderlok-Mundka corridor, the country`s first standard gauge, will be opened, which is expected to benefit over one lakh people living in the national capital`s west and north-west areas.
The 15.1 km corridor will be inaugurated by Union Urban Development Minister S Jaipal Redyy and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit tomorrow at the Indelok Metro station.
They will flag it off and may travel on it till Paschim Vihar. The line will be opened to the public from 6 am on Saturday, a DMRC spokesman said.
Decks for the inauguration of the line were cleared yesterday when the Commissioner for Metro Railway Safety R K Kardam gave his official clearance to the inauguration of the
Inderlok - Mundka standard gauge Metro corridor.
He inspected the line on Monday and Tuesday.
This will be the fifth line of the Metro network and has 14 stations namely Inderlok, Ashok Park Main, Punjabi Bagh East, Shivaji Park, Madipur, Paschim Vihar East, Paschim Vihar West, Peera Garhi, Udyog Nagar, Surajmal Stadium, Nangloi, Nangloi Railway station, Rajdhani Park and Mundka.
Over one lakh commuters are expected to use it everyday. This will be the first Standard Gauge Metro line in the country and the DMRC will run trains at a frequency of six
minutes during peak hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video