Delhi Metro to introduce additional train on Dwarka line
New Delhi: Delhi Metro today introduced one
additional train on the Dwarka Line, the "most heavily
crowded" line in the new age transport system.
With this, the number of trains on the Dwarka Sector-9
to Noida City Centre/Anand Vihar, have increased to 43.
"This line is the most heavily crowded line and is also
the longest line in operation at present carrying 48 per cent
of the total ridership on the Metro system," a DMRC
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, which had 41 trains
at the time of inauguration of the Anand Vihar extension on
7th January, added one additional train on 18th January.
With the introduction of today`s train, the DMRC will
be able to run seventy eight additional train trips between
Yamuna Bank and Dwarka everyday with thirty nine of these
trips running further up to Noida City Centre and the
remaining thirty nine trips going till Anand Vihar as only alternate
trains go towards these two destinations after Yamuna Bank.
The introduction of this additional train will enable
DMRC to reduce congestion on Line-3/4 as over ninety thousand
persons will be accommodated everyday on these seventy eight
trips, the spokesperson said.
It is expected that a further additional train will be
added in another 10 days to further ease the traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad