Delhi Metro to link Faridabad with Delhi
New Delhi: In good news for residents of
Faridabad, Delhi Metro on Wednesday began construction of the 14-km
link that connects the satellite city with the national
The laying of foundation for piers/pillars on which
viaduct will be put up began today at Faridabad in the
presence of Delhi Metro Managing Director Mangu Singh and
officials from Haryana Government.
The first piling work started near Sector 28, Faridabad
on the Mathura Road National Highway.
The fully-elevated corridor, the longest Metro line in
the NCR, will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 2,533
crore by 2016 when the Delhi Metro`s Phase-III is expected to
The Badarpur-Faridabad link is an extension of the
existing Central Secretariat-Badarpur corridor and will be
integrated with it after completion.
According to the Detailed Project Report (DPR), the daily
ridership of this 13.875 km Metro corridor is expected to be
2.14 lakhs (in 2014 after commissioning of the corridor for
The civil contract for the construction of this corridor
has been awarded in February, 2012, and the corridor will be
commissioned by end of 2014.
The average height of the pillars on this corridor will
be approximately 9 meters and over 500 piers (pillar) will be
erected to make the viaduct for this corridor.
"On this corridor, Delhi Metro will be using specially
designed pre-cast U shaped girders to complete the viaduct in
a short time of 20 months. This is for the first time in Delhi
Metro`s history where a single span of approx. 27 metres in
length and weighing about 160 tonnes will be used," a DMRC
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India