Delhi Metro to link Faridabad with Delhi
New Delhi: In good news for residents of
Faridabad, Delhi Metro on Wednesday began construction of the 14-km
link that connects the satellite city with the national
The laying of foundation for piers/pillars on which
viaduct will be put up began today at Faridabad in the
presence of Delhi Metro Managing Director Mangu Singh and
officials from Haryana Government.
The first piling work started near Sector 28, Faridabad
on the Mathura Road National Highway.
The fully-elevated corridor, the longest Metro line in
the NCR, will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 2,533
crore by 2016 when the Delhi Metro`s Phase-III is expected to
The Badarpur-Faridabad link is an extension of the
existing Central Secretariat-Badarpur corridor and will be
integrated with it after completion.
According to the Detailed Project Report (DPR), the daily
ridership of this 13.875 km Metro corridor is expected to be
2.14 lakhs (in 2014 after commissioning of the corridor for
The civil contract for the construction of this corridor
has been awarded in February, 2012, and the corridor will be
commissioned by end of 2014.
The average height of the pillars on this corridor will
be approximately 9 meters and over 500 piers (pillar) will be
erected to make the viaduct for this corridor.
"On this corridor, Delhi Metro will be using specially
designed pre-cast U shaped girders to complete the viaduct in
a short time of 20 months. This is for the first time in Delhi
Metro`s history where a single span of approx. 27 metres in
length and weighing about 160 tonnes will be used," a DMRC
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know