Delhi Metro to run 200 extra trips daily
New Delhi: To tackle huge rush expected
during the India International Trade Fair, the Delhi Metro has
set up 43 manual tickets counters at the Pragati Maidan
station and will run 200 extra trips every day for nine days
Delhi Metro will run trains with a peak hour frequency
throughout the day from 8 am to 9 pm.
The special arrangements have been made for the general
public as the fair will be opened for them from Saturday.
"This means an additional 15 trains will be put into
service which are normally withdrawn during off peak hours and
will perform approximately 200 extra train trips every day
during the fair," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
A total of 43 manual token counters with separate
counters for specific token denominations and destinations
will be put up at the Pragati Maidan Metro station on all
During weekends and holidays, the number of these
counters will go up to 52.
"To avoid overcrowding, all tokens will be sold from
ground floor only. No tokens will be sold from concourse
level," he said, adding that there will be one security guard
to streamline and control the crowd.
Additional customer facilitation agents also may be
deployed at stations like Central Secretariat, Rajiv Chowk and
Kashmere Gate for guiding and managing the crowd in the
Directional signage indicating the way towards the
platforms, tokens, entry/exit points, security messages,
system maps, fare charts, passenger information, last train
and token timings, time of opening of counters etc will also
be put up at some required locations, Dayal said.
Permanent toilets, he said, have been constructed near
Gate no 3 of Pragati Maidan Metro Station. Around 20 temporary
kiosks to provide drinking water and snacks to the visitors
will also come up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why