Delhi Metro to run 200 extra trips daily
New Delhi: To tackle huge rush expected
during the India International Trade Fair, the Delhi Metro has
set up 43 manual tickets counters at the Pragati Maidan
station and will run 200 extra trips every day for nine days
Delhi Metro will run trains with a peak hour frequency
throughout the day from 8 am to 9 pm.
The special arrangements have been made for the general
public as the fair will be opened for them from Saturday.
"This means an additional 15 trains will be put into
service which are normally withdrawn during off peak hours and
will perform approximately 200 extra train trips every day
during the fair," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
A total of 43 manual token counters with separate
counters for specific token denominations and destinations
will be put up at the Pragati Maidan Metro station on all
During weekends and holidays, the number of these
counters will go up to 52.
"To avoid overcrowding, all tokens will be sold from
ground floor only. No tokens will be sold from concourse
level," he said, adding that there will be one security guard
to streamline and control the crowd.
Additional customer facilitation agents also may be
deployed at stations like Central Secretariat, Rajiv Chowk and
Kashmere Gate for guiding and managing the crowd in the
Directional signage indicating the way towards the
platforms, tokens, entry/exit points, security messages,
system maps, fare charts, passenger information, last train
and token timings, time of opening of counters etc will also
be put up at some required locations, Dayal said.
Permanent toilets, he said, have been constructed near
Gate no 3 of Pragati Maidan Metro Station. Around 20 temporary
kiosks to provide drinking water and snacks to the visitors
will also come up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Fed up of shifting matches, BCCI plans to build own stadium in Delhi: Report
- Modish beauty! Anushka Sharma goes black for 'Sultan' promotions
- EU meets without Britain for first time since Brexit vote
- US, South Korea, Japan hold first anti-North Korea missile drill
- India's new developed surface-to-air missile likely to be test-launched today