Delhi Metro to run over 400 extra train trips on Raksha Bandhan
New Delhi: Delhi Metro will run over 600 extra train trips in the span of next two days to cope with the extra rush of commuters expected on the festive occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
The DMRC will also deploy additional staff to cater to people and handle the increased load on its resources. The festival falls on Sunday.
"Delhi Metro has decided to run over 190 extra train trips on August 9 and 419 extra trips on `Raksha Bandhan` on August 10 and will deploy additional personnel to cater to the extra rush of commuters expected on these two days," DMRC Executive Director (Corporate Communication) Anuj Dayal said.
This decision was taken in view of high ridership observed by Delhi Metro on the eve of Raksha Bandhan and the day itself for the past few years, Dayal said.
Besides, the Delhi Metro will deploy 70 additional shifts of guards/Customer Facilitation Agents (CFA) at 42 major stations to help and guide commuters on these two days.
The prominent stations to have extra CFA deployment are Dilshad Garden, Shahdara, Welcome, Shastri Park, Pitampura, Rohini East, Rohini West, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, GTB Nagar, Yamuna Bank, Uttam Nagar East, Nawada, Noida City Centre, Botanical Garden, MG Road, HUDA City Centre, Lajpat Nagr, Badarpur, among others.
Extra personnel will be deployed to handle the increased load on the ticketing system and the Metro ticketing staff on 78 stations will do 92 additional shifts.
The extra manpower will be deployed mainly at Dilshad Garden, Shahdara, Rohini West, Yamuna Bank, Noida City Centre, Botanical Garden, Noida Sec-18, Moolchand, Badarpur, Qutab Minar, Malviya Nagar, Saket, HUDA City Centre, among others.
In 2013, over 26.50 lakh passengers travelled on the festival eve by the Metro whereas, over 22 lakh travelled on day of Raksha Bandhan.
According to DMRC, Delhi Metro ridership has increased to over 27 lakh passengers daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’