Delhi Metro to run over 400 extra train trips on Raksha Bandhan
New Delhi: Delhi Metro will run over 600 extra train trips in the span of next two days to cope with the extra rush of commuters expected on the festive occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
The DMRC will also deploy additional staff to cater to people and handle the increased load on its resources. The festival falls on Sunday.
"Delhi Metro has decided to run over 190 extra train trips on August 9 and 419 extra trips on `Raksha Bandhan` on August 10 and will deploy additional personnel to cater to the extra rush of commuters expected on these two days," DMRC Executive Director (Corporate Communication) Anuj Dayal said.
This decision was taken in view of high ridership observed by Delhi Metro on the eve of Raksha Bandhan and the day itself for the past few years, Dayal said.
Besides, the Delhi Metro will deploy 70 additional shifts of guards/Customer Facilitation Agents (CFA) at 42 major stations to help and guide commuters on these two days.
The prominent stations to have extra CFA deployment are Dilshad Garden, Shahdara, Welcome, Shastri Park, Pitampura, Rohini East, Rohini West, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, GTB Nagar, Yamuna Bank, Uttam Nagar East, Nawada, Noida City Centre, Botanical Garden, MG Road, HUDA City Centre, Lajpat Nagr, Badarpur, among others.
Extra personnel will be deployed to handle the increased load on the ticketing system and the Metro ticketing staff on 78 stations will do 92 additional shifts.
The extra manpower will be deployed mainly at Dilshad Garden, Shahdara, Rohini West, Yamuna Bank, Noida City Centre, Botanical Garden, Noida Sec-18, Moolchand, Badarpur, Qutab Minar, Malviya Nagar, Saket, HUDA City Centre, among others.
In 2013, over 26.50 lakh passengers travelled on the festival eve by the Metro whereas, over 22 lakh travelled on day of Raksha Bandhan.
According to DMRC, Delhi Metro ridership has increased to over 27 lakh passengers daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues