Delhi Metro to train recruits for Gurgaon metro
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro will start a special training programme for recruits selected to man Gurgaon`s Metro stations that will become operational by April 2013, an official said on Sunday.
Thirty candidates, who have joined as station controllers and train operators in the Rapid Metrorail Gurgaon Limited (RMGL), will undergo training at the Delhi Metro training institute and school situated in Shastri Park.
"The 30 candidates who will work for the Rapid Metrorail Gurgaon Limited (RMGL), will be trained for 17 weeks from Monday onwards. The candidates will get a first-hand account of the functioning and working of the Metro system," a Delhi Metro statement said.
The Rapid Metro plying in Gurgaon, will cover about 6.1 km and will connect Sikanderpur Metro station on the Jahangirpuri to Huda City Centre line of Delhi Metro to Cyber city and NH-8 in neighbouring city of Gurgaon.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is India`s only Metro which is fully equipped with advanced technology and a training institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"