Delhi Metro to train recruits for Gurgaon metro
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro will start a special training programme for recruits selected to man Gurgaon`s Metro stations that will become operational by April 2013, an official said on Sunday.
Thirty candidates, who have joined as station controllers and train operators in the Rapid Metrorail Gurgaon Limited (RMGL), will undergo training at the Delhi Metro training institute and school situated in Shastri Park.
"The 30 candidates who will work for the Rapid Metrorail Gurgaon Limited (RMGL), will be trained for 17 weeks from Monday onwards. The candidates will get a first-hand account of the functioning and working of the Metro system," a Delhi Metro statement said.
The Rapid Metro plying in Gurgaon, will cover about 6.1 km and will connect Sikanderpur Metro station on the Jahangirpuri to Huda City Centre line of Delhi Metro to Cyber city and NH-8 in neighbouring city of Gurgaon.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is India`s only Metro which is fully equipped with advanced technology and a training institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy