Delhi Metro to train recruits for Gurgaon metro
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro will start a special training programme for recruits selected to man Gurgaon`s Metro stations that will become operational by April 2013, an official said on Sunday.
Thirty candidates, who have joined as station controllers and train operators in the Rapid Metrorail Gurgaon Limited (RMGL), will undergo training at the Delhi Metro training institute and school situated in Shastri Park.
"The 30 candidates who will work for the Rapid Metrorail Gurgaon Limited (RMGL), will be trained for 17 weeks from Monday onwards. The candidates will get a first-hand account of the functioning and working of the Metro system," a Delhi Metro statement said.
The Rapid Metro plying in Gurgaon, will cover about 6.1 km and will connect Sikanderpur Metro station on the Jahangirpuri to Huda City Centre line of Delhi Metro to Cyber city and NH-8 in neighbouring city of Gurgaon.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is India`s only Metro which is fully equipped with advanced technology and a training institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'