Delhi Metro wins award for Best Clean Development
New Delhi: Adding yet another feather to its
cap, Delhi Metro has won the award for Best Clean Development.
Project at the Urban Mobility Conference 2011.
The award was presented by Urban Development Minister
Kamal Nath during the conference organised by the Ministry of
Urban Development here yesterday.
DMRC director (Works) Mangu Singh received the award on
the organisation`s behalf.
The Best CDM Award was given to DMRC for its Modal Shift
Project under which category, it has become the first Metro
Rail and rail-based system in the world to be certified by the
United Nations (UN), which will get Carbon Credits for
reducing Green House Gas Emissions as it has helped in
bringing down pollution levels in the city by 6.3 lakh tons
Delhi Metro carries over 18 lakh people everyday.
This is the second CDM project from DMRC to be registered
with the UN in the last three years. DMRC`s first CDM project
on regenerative braking had also achieved many international
firsts apart from earning valuable foreign exchange for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh