Delhi Metro wins award for Best Clean Development
New Delhi: Adding yet another feather to its
cap, Delhi Metro has won the award for Best Clean Development.
Project at the Urban Mobility Conference 2011.
The award was presented by Urban Development Minister
Kamal Nath during the conference organised by the Ministry of
Urban Development here yesterday.
DMRC director (Works) Mangu Singh received the award on
the organisation`s behalf.
The Best CDM Award was given to DMRC for its Modal Shift
Project under which category, it has become the first Metro
Rail and rail-based system in the world to be certified by the
United Nations (UN), which will get Carbon Credits for
reducing Green House Gas Emissions as it has helped in
bringing down pollution levels in the city by 6.3 lakh tons
Delhi Metro carries over 18 lakh people everyday.
This is the second CDM project from DMRC to be registered
with the UN in the last three years. DMRC`s first CDM project
on regenerative braking had also achieved many international
firsts apart from earning valuable foreign exchange for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?