Delhi Metro wins award for Best Clean Development
New Delhi: Adding yet another feather to its
cap, Delhi Metro has won the award for Best Clean Development.
Project at the Urban Mobility Conference 2011.
The award was presented by Urban Development Minister
Kamal Nath during the conference organised by the Ministry of
Urban Development here yesterday.
DMRC director (Works) Mangu Singh received the award on
the organisation`s behalf.
The Best CDM Award was given to DMRC for its Modal Shift
Project under which category, it has become the first Metro
Rail and rail-based system in the world to be certified by the
United Nations (UN), which will get Carbon Credits for
reducing Green House Gas Emissions as it has helped in
bringing down pollution levels in the city by 6.3 lakh tons
Delhi Metro carries over 18 lakh people everyday.
This is the second CDM project from DMRC to be registered
with the UN in the last three years. DMRC`s first CDM project
on regenerative braking had also achieved many international
firsts apart from earning valuable foreign exchange for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter