Delhi minor rape accused to confront each other
New Delhi: Investigators will make the two accused in the rape of a five-year-old girl confront each other after the test identification parade of one of them, police said Tuesday.
Manoj, who was arrested on Saturday, was sent to judicial custody for test identification parade (TIP) and police is planning to conduct it soon.
After the TIP, sources said, they will seek custody of Manoj and confront him with Pradeep, who was arrested yesterday from Bihar.
Sources said Manoj told interrogators that Pradeep came to his house in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar on April 15 evening and they had consumed alcohol.
Manoj claimed that Pradeep insisted on bringing a girl to the house. He went out and lured the five-year-old girl living in the same building with a chocolate, sources said.
Manoj also told police that he did not sexually assault the girl and it was Pradeep who committed rape, they said.
He had also claimed that they fled from the house after strangulating her fearing that she will tell her parents about the crime they committed.
They also thought she was dead, they said.
However, the sources said, Pradeep had denied it and claimed that it was Manoj who allegedly raped the girl first.
"We need to confront both of them," a senior police official said.
Tihar Jail sources said till now they have no intimation about test identification parade. Tomorrow being a holiday, the parade is now likely to be held only on Thursday or later.
"Manoj is doing well and having proper food," a jail official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day