Delhi minor`s rape case: Order on framing of charges on July 11
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday fixed July 11 for giving its order on whether to frame charges against two persons, arrested for allegedly raping a five-year-old child in a rented accommodation here.
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg, who is presiding over special court under the POCSO Act, will pass its order in the case in which accused Manoj Shah, 22, and Pradeep Kumar, 20, were arrested for their alleged involvement in the crime.
Meanwhile, the court took on record a report filed by the jail authorities in pursuance to its order to make appropriate arrangements for "safety and security" of accused Pradeep, who is lodged in Tihar Jail in judicial custody and had complained of being beaten up by undertrial in the prison van.
The jail authorities said in its report that from now onwards, Pradeep would be brought to the court in a separate vehicle from jail and would be kept separately in the lock up also.
A report was sought from the jail superintendent and lock up in-charge after Pradeep had complained to the judge that he was often beaten by other undertrials when he, along with co-accused Manoj Shah, was brought to the court from the prison in the jail van.
Manoj and Pradeep are accused of brutally raping a five-year-old girl on April 15 in a building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar locality where the victim and accused lived.
The girl was rescued 40 hours later on April 17 and is under treatment at AIIMS.
Manoj and Pradeep, who had fled after committing the crime, were arrested from Bihar, according to the police.
The Delhi Police had on May 24 filed a chargesheet against the duo under provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act relating to aggravated sexual assault and for offences including procuring a minor girl, kidnapping, wrongful confinement, attempt to murder and destruction of evidence under the IPC.
The offences, for which the accused have been chargesheeted, if proved, entails a maximum punishment of life term.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'