Delhi minor`s rape case: Order on framing of charges on July 11
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday fixed July 11 for giving its order on whether to frame charges against two persons, arrested for allegedly raping a five-year-old child in a rented accommodation here.
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg, who is presiding over special court under the POCSO Act, will pass its order in the case in which accused Manoj Shah, 22, and Pradeep Kumar, 20, were arrested for their alleged involvement in the crime.
Meanwhile, the court took on record a report filed by the jail authorities in pursuance to its order to make appropriate arrangements for "safety and security" of accused Pradeep, who is lodged in Tihar Jail in judicial custody and had complained of being beaten up by undertrial in the prison van.
The jail authorities said in its report that from now onwards, Pradeep would be brought to the court in a separate vehicle from jail and would be kept separately in the lock up also.
A report was sought from the jail superintendent and lock up in-charge after Pradeep had complained to the judge that he was often beaten by other undertrials when he, along with co-accused Manoj Shah, was brought to the court from the prison in the jail van.
Manoj and Pradeep are accused of brutally raping a five-year-old girl on April 15 in a building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar locality where the victim and accused lived.
The girl was rescued 40 hours later on April 17 and is under treatment at AIIMS.
Manoj and Pradeep, who had fled after committing the crime, were arrested from Bihar, according to the police.
The Delhi Police had on May 24 filed a chargesheet against the duo under provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act relating to aggravated sexual assault and for offences including procuring a minor girl, kidnapping, wrongful confinement, attempt to murder and destruction of evidence under the IPC.
The offences, for which the accused have been chargesheeted, if proved, entails a maximum punishment of life term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`