Delhi MLA booked for rioting
New Delhi: A case of rioting has been registered against a Delhi MLA for allegedly inciting locals to prevent police from conducting raids for apprehending vehicle thieves.
Locals of Shaheen Bagh clashed with police on September 11 when the latter went to conduct raids in a locality to apprehend vehicle thieves.
Police had picked up a teenager, the nephew of Israel car attack accused Mohd Kazmi, which was objected by the locals.
A senior police official said they have registered a case of rioting against Asif Mohammed, the MLA representing Okhla constituency in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you