Delhi MLA booked for rioting
New Delhi: A case of rioting has been registered against a Delhi MLA for allegedly inciting locals to prevent police from conducting raids for apprehending vehicle thieves.
Locals of Shaheen Bagh clashed with police on September 11 when the latter went to conduct raids in a locality to apprehend vehicle thieves.
Police had picked up a teenager, the nephew of Israel car attack accused Mohd Kazmi, which was objected by the locals.
A senior police official said they have registered a case of rioting against Asif Mohammed, the MLA representing Okhla constituency in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!