Delhi MLA booked for rioting
New Delhi: A case of rioting has been registered against a Delhi MLA for allegedly inciting locals to prevent police from conducting raids for apprehending vehicle thieves.
Locals of Shaheen Bagh clashed with police on September 11 when the latter went to conduct raids in a locality to apprehend vehicle thieves.
Police had picked up a teenager, the nephew of Israel car attack accused Mohd Kazmi, which was objected by the locals.
A senior police official said they have registered a case of rioting against Asif Mohammed, the MLA representing Okhla constituency in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!