Delhi MLA booked for rioting
New Delhi: A case of rioting has been registered against a Delhi MLA for allegedly inciting locals to prevent police from conducting raids for apprehending vehicle thieves.
Locals of Shaheen Bagh clashed with police on September 11 when the latter went to conduct raids in a locality to apprehend vehicle thieves.
Police had picked up a teenager, the nephew of Israel car attack accused Mohd Kazmi, which was objected by the locals.
A senior police official said they have registered a case of rioting against Asif Mohammed, the MLA representing Okhla constituency in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside