Delhi MLA booked for rioting
New Delhi: A case of rioting has been registered against a Delhi MLA for allegedly inciting locals to prevent police from conducting raids for apprehending vehicle thieves.
Locals of Shaheen Bagh clashed with police on September 11 when the latter went to conduct raids in a locality to apprehend vehicle thieves.
Police had picked up a teenager, the nephew of Israel car attack accused Mohd Kazmi, which was objected by the locals.
A senior police official said they have registered a case of rioting against Asif Mohammed, the MLA representing Okhla constituency in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip