Delhi municipal councillor`s aide arrested for bribery
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested a Delhi municipal councillor`s personal assistant for accepting a bribe of Rs.1 lakh.
A case was registered by CBI against Dimple Chaddha, the municipal councillor of Sant Garh in Tilak Nagar area, and his aide Gagan Arora for demanding a bribe of Rs.1.25 lakh from a builder, an agency official said.
"The builder had made a complaint that the councillor demanded Rs.1.25 lakh to ensure that MCD`s building department will not take action on the building being constructed by him at Sant Garh area," said a CBI official.
The CBI laid a trap Sunday and Arora was caught red-handed while accepting a bribe of Rs.1 lakh from the builder.
Arora was produced before the duty magistrate at Tis Hazari court Moday who sent him to two days police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand