Delhi municipal councillor`s aide arrested for bribery
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested a Delhi municipal councillor`s personal assistant for accepting a bribe of Rs.1 lakh.
A case was registered by CBI against Dimple Chaddha, the municipal councillor of Sant Garh in Tilak Nagar area, and his aide Gagan Arora for demanding a bribe of Rs.1.25 lakh from a builder, an agency official said.
"The builder had made a complaint that the councillor demanded Rs.1.25 lakh to ensure that MCD`s building department will not take action on the building being constructed by him at Sant Garh area," said a CBI official.
The CBI laid a trap Sunday and Arora was caught red-handed while accepting a bribe of Rs.1 lakh from the builder.
Arora was produced before the duty magistrate at Tis Hazari court Moday who sent him to two days police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people