Delhi municipal councillor`s aide arrested for bribery
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested a Delhi municipal councillor`s personal assistant for accepting a bribe of Rs.1 lakh.
A case was registered by CBI against Dimple Chaddha, the municipal councillor of Sant Garh in Tilak Nagar area, and his aide Gagan Arora for demanding a bribe of Rs.1.25 lakh from a builder, an agency official said.
"The builder had made a complaint that the councillor demanded Rs.1.25 lakh to ensure that MCD`s building department will not take action on the building being constructed by him at Sant Garh area," said a CBI official.
The CBI laid a trap Sunday and Arora was caught red-handed while accepting a bribe of Rs.1 lakh from the builder.
Arora was produced before the duty magistrate at Tis Hazari court Moday who sent him to two days police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row