Delhi: One arrested in ATM cash van loot case
New Delhi: A day after armed robbers escaped with the cash van of ICICI bank in South Delhi, Delhi Police on Saturday arrested one person and detained four other suspects.
Reports suggest that Rs 1.5 crore have been recovered. The cash van is believed to be carrying Rs 5.25 crore.
The incident took place in Defence Colony area at around 1:45 pm on Friday when the van was carrying cash to an ATM of ICICI Bank, police said.
Meanwhile, a guard, who was injured while trying to stop the robbers from escaping with the cash van succumbed to his injuries today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why