Delhi: Parents to protest against unfair school fee hikes
New Delhi: Parents across the country would on Saturday participate in protest rallies to press their demand for a central law to regulate fee hikes in private schools, an organiser said.
In Delhi, the protest rally will be held at Jantar Mantar between 10 am and 1 pm, he said on Friday.
Under the banner of All India Parents Association (AIPA), the parents would stage coordinated protests across the country against exploitation by private schools and the official apathy towards state-run schools.
"We want enactment of a central law to regulate fees in unaided private schools. We will hold a peaceful protest at Jantar Mantar on our demands," said AIPA president Ashok Agarwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah