Delhi: Parents to protest against unfair school fee hikes
New Delhi: Parents across the country would on Saturday participate in protest rallies to press their demand for a central law to regulate fee hikes in private schools, an organiser said.
In Delhi, the protest rally will be held at Jantar Mantar between 10 am and 1 pm, he said on Friday.
Under the banner of All India Parents Association (AIPA), the parents would stage coordinated protests across the country against exploitation by private schools and the official apathy towards state-run schools.
"We want enactment of a central law to regulate fees in unaided private schools. We will hold a peaceful protest at Jantar Mantar on our demands," said AIPA president Ashok Agarwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi