Delhi: Parents to protest against unfair school fee hikes
New Delhi: Parents across the country would on Saturday participate in protest rallies to press their demand for a central law to regulate fee hikes in private schools, an organiser said.
In Delhi, the protest rally will be held at Jantar Mantar between 10 am and 1 pm, he said on Friday.
Under the banner of All India Parents Association (AIPA), the parents would stage coordinated protests across the country against exploitation by private schools and the official apathy towards state-run schools.
"We want enactment of a central law to regulate fees in unaided private schools. We will hold a peaceful protest at Jantar Mantar on our demands," said AIPA president Ashok Agarwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress