Delhi: Parents to protest against unfair school fee hikes
New Delhi: Parents across the country would on Saturday participate in protest rallies to press their demand for a central law to regulate fee hikes in private schools, an organiser said.
In Delhi, the protest rally will be held at Jantar Mantar between 10 am and 1 pm, he said on Friday.
Under the banner of All India Parents Association (AIPA), the parents would stage coordinated protests across the country against exploitation by private schools and the official apathy towards state-run schools.
"We want enactment of a central law to regulate fees in unaided private schools. We will hold a peaceful protest at Jantar Mantar on our demands," said AIPA president Ashok Agarwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’