Delhi: Parents to protest against unfair school fee hikes
New Delhi: Parents across the country would on Saturday participate in protest rallies to press their demand for a central law to regulate fee hikes in private schools, an organiser said.
In Delhi, the protest rally will be held at Jantar Mantar between 10 am and 1 pm, he said on Friday.
Under the banner of All India Parents Association (AIPA), the parents would stage coordinated protests across the country against exploitation by private schools and the official apathy towards state-run schools.
"We want enactment of a central law to regulate fees in unaided private schools. We will hold a peaceful protest at Jantar Mantar on our demands," said AIPA president Ashok Agarwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins