Delhi partly cloudy, but mercury soars
New Delhi: A day after recording the season`s highest day temperature, the met department Monday forecast a partly cloudy sky for Delhi as the day advances. Nonetheless, the temperature continues to soar much above the average.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the minimum temperature recorded early Monday was 24.5 degrees Celsius, a good five degrees above the average for this time of the year.
"It will be partly cloudy today (Monday), but that does not indicate rain. The temperatures will continue to soar, with the maximum hovering around 40 degrees Celsius," an IMD official said.
On Sunday, Delhi recorded the season`s highest day temperature of 41.6 degrees Celsius, six notches above the average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley