Delhi-Pauri highway remains closed for third day
Muzaffarnagar: The Delhi-Pauri highway
remained inaccessible for the third consecutive day Friday due
to overflow of the river Ganga at Beraj near Bijnore,
officials said here.
The highway, which is the main link between Uttar Pradesh
and Uttarakhand, was closed as the water level of the river
Ganga had risen above danger mark in several places in UP and
overflowed, submerging several roads and bridges.
Additional District Magistrate Ravinder Godbole said that
the rescue operations are on and the people in affected areas
were being moved to safer places.
Villages affected by the floods include Mahrajnagar,
Lalpur, Rehadwa, Majlistofirpur, Chohapur and Sitabpuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers