Delhi-Pauri highway remains closed for third day
Muzaffarnagar: The Delhi-Pauri highway
remained inaccessible for the third consecutive day Friday due
to overflow of the river Ganga at Beraj near Bijnore,
officials said here.
The highway, which is the main link between Uttar Pradesh
and Uttarakhand, was closed as the water level of the river
Ganga had risen above danger mark in several places in UP and
overflowed, submerging several roads and bridges.
Additional District Magistrate Ravinder Godbole said that
the rescue operations are on and the people in affected areas
were being moved to safer places.
Villages affected by the floods include Mahrajnagar,
Lalpur, Rehadwa, Majlistofirpur, Chohapur and Sitabpuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16