Delhi-Pauri highway remains closed for third day
Muzaffarnagar: The Delhi-Pauri highway
remained inaccessible for the third consecutive day Friday due
to overflow of the river Ganga at Beraj near Bijnore,
officials said here.
The highway, which is the main link between Uttar Pradesh
and Uttarakhand, was closed as the water level of the river
Ganga had risen above danger mark in several places in UP and
overflowed, submerging several roads and bridges.
Additional District Magistrate Ravinder Godbole said that
the rescue operations are on and the people in affected areas
were being moved to safer places.
Villages affected by the floods include Mahrajnagar,
Lalpur, Rehadwa, Majlistofirpur, Chohapur and Sitabpuri.
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- NEET first phase will be held on May 1; Supreme Court declines Centre's plea, says let the exams go on
- CBSE challenges Kerala HC order allowing Hijab in exam hall for AIPMT 2016
- Now, BJP leader Prem Prakash Pandey wastes gallons of water on daughter's wedding in Chhattisgarh
- Peppermint tea boosts memory in adults!