Delhi-Pauri highway remains closed for third day
Muzaffarnagar: The Delhi-Pauri highway
remained inaccessible for the third consecutive day Friday due
to overflow of the river Ganga at Beraj near Bijnore,
officials said here.
The highway, which is the main link between Uttar Pradesh
and Uttarakhand, was closed as the water level of the river
Ganga had risen above danger mark in several places in UP and
overflowed, submerging several roads and bridges.
Additional District Magistrate Ravinder Godbole said that
the rescue operations are on and the people in affected areas
were being moved to safer places.
Villages affected by the floods include Mahrajnagar,
Lalpur, Rehadwa, Majlistofirpur, Chohapur and Sitabpuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested