Delhi police ASI among 3 held for preparing fake c
New Delhi: Three persons, including a Delhi police ASI, were arrested on Thursday for allegedly preparing and providing fake marksheets and degrees of reputed educational institutions.
Assistant Sub Inspector Suresh Yadav (49), Ajit Saini (50) and Ashok Kumar (48) were arrested by the Crime Branch, after it received information about the trio being involved in preparing and supply fake educational documents and certificates.
Crime Branch laid a trap to arrest them and struck a deal through an informer with Saini for fake mark sheets and degree of B.Com from Delhi University to be prepared in the name of Monika Bansal.
When Saini came at Model Town Metro Station to deliver the fake mark sheets and degree as per deal he was apprehended at the instance of the informer, police said.
"During interrogation, Saini disclosed that he procured these documents from one Suresh Yadav, who is working as ASI in Delhi Police.
"On Ajit`s instance Yadav was arrested who admitted that he had got the fake documents prepared from one Ashok Kumar," said Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Ravindra Yadav.
Subsequently, Kumar too was arrested and one computer, used to prepare fake documents, was seized from his house, police said.
"During investigation, it came to the fore that most of their clients asked for fake documents to show good educational profile for either their children`s marriage or to apply in private companies to get suitable job," said Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read