Delhi Police assures NE people about their security
New Delhi: Giving an assurance to the people from the north east about their security, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar on Friday said there was no reason for them to panic or leave the capital.
"(We) wish to assure all people from the north east that (there is) no reason whatsoever to panic or leave Delhi. Please report any disturbing incident to us. We are with you for help," Kumar tweeted.
His remarks came as a large number of people from the north east left Bangalore, Chennai and Pune following rumours that they will be attacked in the wake of Assam violence.
Police here reviewed the security situation for people from the north eastern region who are studying or working in Delhi and said no untoward incident had been reported.
Robin Hibu, Joint Commissioner of Police, said a meeting was held with student leaders at the Police Headquarters here and an assurance given to them that there was no need to panic. He said one person was booked for eve teasing in south Delhi.
"We also had an exercise to check the preparedness of the police. We made a mock PCR call about a quarrel in Munirka," he said.
"(In case of) any rumours, mischievous activity in your locality, dial 100 or inform the local police, beat staff, nearby PCR," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad