Delhi Police chief to move out; DG Prisons tipped to be new CP
New Delhi: Yudhbir Singh Dadwal is all set
to move out as Commissioner of Delhi Police and will take over
as the head of a paramilitary force.
Official sources said Dadwal, a 1974 batch IPS officer of
AGMU cadre on the post for past three years, expressed his
desire to be moved out of the force.
He is likely to be appointed as Director General of
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) next month.
BK Gupta, Director General, Prisons (Delhi) is likely to
succeed Dadwal. Gupta is a 1975 batch IPS officer of the same
A formal order in this regard is likely to be issued next
week, sources added.
Dadwal has been credited for his successful stint during
his tenure and for organising safe Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends