Delhi Police comes up with new logo, motto
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday unveiled its new logo, inscribed with its new motto `Shanti, Seva, Nyaya`.
Unveiling the logo at its annual press conference here today, Commissioner said there could not be better words to describe the service by Delhi Police.
"We have started the New Year with a new motto. It will be the guiding principle for the department," Bassi said.
The new logo replaces the `Satyameva Jayate` which used to appear twice on the insignia, at the top and also the bottom.
While the new logo retains the `Satyameva Jayate` motto at the top, the bottom half now bears the inscription, `Shanti, Seva, Nyaya`.
Narrating the story behind the decision on the new motto, Bassi said that during his stint as the Goa police chief, one of his SPs had recalled that the same was written on an old Goa police flag. It was then made the motto of Goa police.
"So, when we thought of a new motto for Delhi Police, we found it fitting the bill," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured