Delhi Police comes up with new logo, motto
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday unveiled its new logo, inscribed with its new motto `Shanti, Seva, Nyaya`.
Unveiling the logo at its annual press conference here today, Commissioner said there could not be better words to describe the service by Delhi Police.
"We have started the New Year with a new motto. It will be the guiding principle for the department," Bassi said.
The new logo replaces the `Satyameva Jayate` which used to appear twice on the insignia, at the top and also the bottom.
While the new logo retains the `Satyameva Jayate` motto at the top, the bottom half now bears the inscription, `Shanti, Seva, Nyaya`.
Narrating the story behind the decision on the new motto, Bassi said that during his stint as the Goa police chief, one of his SPs had recalled that the same was written on an old Goa police flag. It was then made the motto of Goa police.
"So, when we thought of a new motto for Delhi Police, we found it fitting the bill," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?