Delhi Police comes up with new logo, motto
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday unveiled its new logo, inscribed with its new motto `Shanti, Seva, Nyaya`.
Unveiling the logo at its annual press conference here today, Commissioner said there could not be better words to describe the service by Delhi Police.
"We have started the New Year with a new motto. It will be the guiding principle for the department," Bassi said.
The new logo replaces the `Satyameva Jayate` which used to appear twice on the insignia, at the top and also the bottom.
While the new logo retains the `Satyameva Jayate` motto at the top, the bottom half now bears the inscription, `Shanti, Seva, Nyaya`.
Narrating the story behind the decision on the new motto, Bassi said that during his stint as the Goa police chief, one of his SPs had recalled that the same was written on an old Goa police flag. It was then made the motto of Goa police.
"So, when we thought of a new motto for Delhi Police, we found it fitting the bill," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert