Delhi Police constable beaten to death by liquor gang in Ghitorni
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable deployed with the State Excise Department team was allegedly beaten to death and another got injured when both were attacked by a liquor gang on Saturday at South Delhi`s Ghitorni.
The constables were attacked when they were chasing illicit liquor suppliers in a forest area in Ghitorni village. Constable Vinod got information about illegal liquor being smuggled in Delhi in a car. Later he and his colleague Sukhvinder spotted the vehicle near Sainik Farms. Both the constables chased the smugglers to the forest area. When they were looking for the smugglers inside the forest they were attacked by the smugglers.
While constable Vinod succumbed to his injuries, his colleague Sukhvinder has been taken to AIIMS for treatment. Moreover, police have arrested one person in the connection, while other three assailants are being searched for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon