Delhi Police constable shoots himself dead
New Delhi: A head constable of the Delhi Police allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver in Bindapur area of South-West Delhi, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday afternoon when Ram Kumar was alone at his rented accommodation in Bindapur which he shared with a person, they said.
He was posted with the Dwarka North police station in South West district.
"Kumar latched the door from inside and shot himself using his service revolver. The incident came to light when his roommate returned home in the evening," said a police official.
A police team which reached the spot took Kumar to the nearby Deen Dayal Upadhyay (DDU) Hospital where he was declared `brought dead`. His body was sent for postmortem.
No suicide note was recovered from the spot, police said, adding that nobody in the neighbourhood heard the gunshot, they said.
Investigators are questioning Kumar`s roommate and his neighbours.
Kumar`s family which lives in Rajasthan has been informed. He is survived by his wife and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority