Delhi Police constable shoots himself dead
New Delhi: A head constable of the Delhi Police allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver in Bindapur area of South-West Delhi, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday afternoon when Ram Kumar was alone at his rented accommodation in Bindapur which he shared with a person, they said.
He was posted with the Dwarka North police station in South West district.
"Kumar latched the door from inside and shot himself using his service revolver. The incident came to light when his roommate returned home in the evening," said a police official.
A police team which reached the spot took Kumar to the nearby Deen Dayal Upadhyay (DDU) Hospital where he was declared `brought dead`. His body was sent for postmortem.
No suicide note was recovered from the spot, police said, adding that nobody in the neighbourhood heard the gunshot, they said.
Investigators are questioning Kumar`s roommate and his neighbours.
Kumar`s family which lives in Rajasthan has been informed. He is survived by his wife and two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story
- Trump's Brexit remarks make him 'unfit' for President: Clinton aides
- Sourav Ganguly not present during my interview for coaching role, says Ravi Shastri