Delhi Police constable shot dead
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable was found shot dead in his car in a deserted place in the capital, police said Saturday.
Rajender Khatri, who was posted at the Rithala Metro station, was found dead in his Hyundai Accent car in west Delhi`s Karala village around Friday midnight.
Khatri, 35, resided at Punjab Kahore area in Kutubgarh, west Delhi with his wife and family members.
A passerby informed police about the incident.
A police officer said that the victim was fired at at least four times as was evident from three bullets embedded in his car while one bullet "pierced his right shoulder leading to his death due to excessive bleeding".
According to the officer, prima facie it seemed to be a case of personal enmity although the victim`s family members were not aware of any such incident.
The post-mortem report of the victim is awaited and a probe is on into the incident, said the officer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview