Delhi Police constable shot dead
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable was found shot dead in his car in a deserted place in the capital, police said Saturday.
Rajender Khatri, who was posted at the Rithala Metro station, was found dead in his Hyundai Accent car in west Delhi`s Karala village around Friday midnight.
Khatri, 35, resided at Punjab Kahore area in Kutubgarh, west Delhi with his wife and family members.
A passerby informed police about the incident.
A police officer said that the victim was fired at at least four times as was evident from three bullets embedded in his car while one bullet "pierced his right shoulder leading to his death due to excessive bleeding".
According to the officer, prima facie it seemed to be a case of personal enmity although the victim`s family members were not aware of any such incident.
The post-mortem report of the victim is awaited and a probe is on into the incident, said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information