Delhi Police constable shot dead
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable was found shot dead in his car in a deserted place in the capital, police said Saturday.
Rajender Khatri, who was posted at the Rithala Metro station, was found dead in his Hyundai Accent car in west Delhi`s Karala village around Friday midnight.
Khatri, 35, resided at Punjab Kahore area in Kutubgarh, west Delhi with his wife and family members.
A passerby informed police about the incident.
A police officer said that the victim was fired at at least four times as was evident from three bullets embedded in his car while one bullet "pierced his right shoulder leading to his death due to excessive bleeding".
According to the officer, prima facie it seemed to be a case of personal enmity although the victim`s family members were not aware of any such incident.
The post-mortem report of the victim is awaited and a probe is on into the incident, said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media