Delhi Police constable threatens to fire in Metro
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable was apprehended after he allegedly threatened to fire from his service revolver inside a Delhi Metro train on Friday night. The constable, identified as Satyendra S Maan, boarded the Metro at Kashmere Gate and got into a tiff with commuters.
As Maan was on duty, he was allowed to board the Metro with his official pistol after following the mandatory drill of recording the particulars of the weapon in an official register, official sources said.
During the journey, Maan, according to the sources, picked up a quarrel in the Metro train claiming his belongings has been stolen and he would shoot with his weapon.
The commuters raised an alarm and informed the Metro authorities and on their call a CISF squad intercepted the constable at Seelampur Metro station at around 19:35 hours, they said.
The constable, who works in the Special Branch of Delhi Police, was handed over to the Metro police who questioned him, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'