Delhi Police constable threatens to fire in Metro
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable was apprehended after he allegedly threatened to fire from his service revolver inside a Delhi Metro train on Friday night. The constable, identified as Satyendra S Maan, boarded the Metro at Kashmere Gate and got into a tiff with commuters.
As Maan was on duty, he was allowed to board the Metro with his official pistol after following the mandatory drill of recording the particulars of the weapon in an official register, official sources said.
During the journey, Maan, according to the sources, picked up a quarrel in the Metro train claiming his belongings has been stolen and he would shoot with his weapon.
The commuters raised an alarm and informed the Metro authorities and on their call a CISF squad intercepted the constable at Seelampur Metro station at around 19:35 hours, they said.
The constable, who works in the Special Branch of Delhi Police, was handed over to the Metro police who questioned him, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?