Delhi Police constable threatens to fire in Metro
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable was apprehended after he allegedly threatened to fire from his service revolver inside a Delhi Metro train on Friday night. The constable, identified as Satyendra S Maan, boarded the Metro at Kashmere Gate and got into a tiff with commuters.
As Maan was on duty, he was allowed to board the Metro with his official pistol after following the mandatory drill of recording the particulars of the weapon in an official register, official sources said.
During the journey, Maan, according to the sources, picked up a quarrel in the Metro train claiming his belongings has been stolen and he would shoot with his weapon.
The commuters raised an alarm and informed the Metro authorities and on their call a CISF squad intercepted the constable at Seelampur Metro station at around 19:35 hours, they said.
The constable, who works in the Special Branch of Delhi Police, was handed over to the Metro police who questioned him, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi