Delhi Police Delhi Police constable shot dead
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable was Monday shot dead by unidentified men while he was on his way to nab a criminal after getting a tip-off, an officer said.
Shivraj Singh, 45, was attacked by two men who shot him in his chest in Jyoti Nagar area of east Delhi around noon.
The assailants fled the scene after the attack.
olice suspect the attackers were the same criminals whom the constable had gone to nab, but they were investigating the case from all angles.
Shivraj Singh was part of a special team formed to nab criminals in east Delhi.
"Shivraj Singh had got a tip-off about a criminal when he was at home, and he immediately rushed to nab him. He informed another policeman of his team over phone about it," a police officer said.
A witness told police the two men came on a motorcycle. There was a commotion, and they opened fire at the constable and sped away.
Shivraj Singh is survived by his wife and a son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened