Delhi police files supplementary chargesheets against two IM accused
New Delhi: The Delhi police on Saturday filed
supplementary chargesheets against two suspected Indian
Mujahideen terrorists, accusing them of being involved in the
serial blasts in the national capital on September 13, 2008.
The Delhi police`s Special Cell, which investigated the
synchronised explosions, submitted the chargesheets in all
five cases against Shahzad and Salman who had remained elusive
for several months before being apprehended from Uttar
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja put all the
chargesheets for consideration for May 20.
Meanwhile, Additional Sessions Judge S S Mann posted the
matter relating to framing of charges against 14 suspects for
June one as the accused, who were chargesheeted today, are yet
to get the copies.
Public Prosecutor Rajeev Mohan told the court that the
police were contemplating to move the court of district judge
with a plea to club different cases relating to serial blasts
and the Batla House encounter for the purpose of recording
The court is conducting proceedings in the matter through
video conferencing as most of the accused are at present
lodged in Sabarmati Jail in Ahmedabad for their alleged roles
in serial blasts there.
Five cases were registered in connection with the serial
blasts in Delhi on September 13, 2008, which killed 26 people
and injured over 135 others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'