Delhi police files supplementary chargesheets against two IM accused
New Delhi: The Delhi police on Saturday filed
supplementary chargesheets against two suspected Indian
Mujahideen terrorists, accusing them of being involved in the
serial blasts in the national capital on September 13, 2008.
The Delhi police`s Special Cell, which investigated the
synchronised explosions, submitted the chargesheets in all
five cases against Shahzad and Salman who had remained elusive
for several months before being apprehended from Uttar
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja put all the
chargesheets for consideration for May 20.
Meanwhile, Additional Sessions Judge S S Mann posted the
matter relating to framing of charges against 14 suspects for
June one as the accused, who were chargesheeted today, are yet
to get the copies.
Public Prosecutor Rajeev Mohan told the court that the
police were contemplating to move the court of district judge
with a plea to club different cases relating to serial blasts
and the Batla House encounter for the purpose of recording
The court is conducting proceedings in the matter through
video conferencing as most of the accused are at present
lodged in Sabarmati Jail in Ahmedabad for their alleged roles
in serial blasts there.
Five cases were registered in connection with the serial
blasts in Delhi on September 13, 2008, which killed 26 people
and injured over 135 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city