Delhi Police has done a great job: S.M. Krishna
New Delhi: Congratulating the Delhi Police for arresting Indian Mujahideen (IM) member and key suspect involved in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack Abu Hamza, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna Monday said appropriate action will be taken after investigations.
Hamza was arrested from the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) last week, police said Monday.
"The Delhi Police has been doing a magnificent job. First let them go through the investigation, they will then send a report to the government and we shall act accordingly," Krishna said.
Hamza, alias Sayeed Zabi ud Deen, is believed to be one of the key handlers of the terrorists involved in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
Hamza was produced before a court here June 21 and sent to 15 days police custody. He was said to be in Pakistan when the attack took place in 2008, a police official said. A total of 166 people had died in the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- No Indian casualty in Italy earthquake
- Banaras Hindu University male student abducted, gang-raped
- India stresses State's accountability in terror-WMD linkage
- 'RSS people killed Mahatma Gandhi' - Did Rahul Gandhi say this? Is he lying now? WATCH this video; find out
- Leaked data, if genuine, may compromise Scorpene's stealth element: Former Navy chief