Delhi Police head constable killed in car accident
Ghaziabad: A Delhi Police head constable died in a car accident near Hafizpur area, police said on Tuesday.
The deceased, identified as Tujendra Sharma (35) a resident of Gulawathi village in Bulandshahr district, last night was en route Delhi from the village, where he had gone to visit his family.
The car he was travelling in was hit by a speeding bus, and Sharma died on the spot, while some passengers in the bus were injured, police said, adding that the driver has been arrested.
The body was sent for post mortem and a case has been registered against the bus driver, they said.
Injured passengers have been taken to a local hospital for treatment, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him