Delhi Police head constable killed in car accident
Ghaziabad: A Delhi Police head constable died in a car accident near Hafizpur area, police said on Tuesday.
The deceased, identified as Tujendra Sharma (35) a resident of Gulawathi village in Bulandshahr district, last night was en route Delhi from the village, where he had gone to visit his family.
The car he was travelling in was hit by a speeding bus, and Sharma died on the spot, while some passengers in the bus were injured, police said, adding that the driver has been arrested.
The body was sent for post mortem and a case has been registered against the bus driver, they said.
Injured passengers have been taken to a local hospital for treatment, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP