Delhi Police head constable killed in car accident
Ghaziabad: A Delhi Police head constable died in a car accident near Hafizpur area, police said on Tuesday.
The deceased, identified as Tujendra Sharma (35) a resident of Gulawathi village in Bulandshahr district, last night was en route Delhi from the village, where he had gone to visit his family.
The car he was travelling in was hit by a speeding bus, and Sharma died on the spot, while some passengers in the bus were injured, police said, adding that the driver has been arrested.
The body was sent for post mortem and a case has been registered against the bus driver, they said.
Injured passengers have been taken to a local hospital for treatment, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead