Delhi Police head constable shot dead at city outskirts
New Delhi: A 49-year-old Delhi Police head constable was shot dead by unidentified men in a car while he was checking vehicles on the outskirts of the city in the wee hours on Monday.
Head constable Ramkishan, a resident of Nangloi, managed to snatch one pistol from the attackers but they fired at him with another pistol, a senior police official said.
The incident took place at Jonty border in Kanjhawla at around 2:10 AM. Ramkishan was on night duty along with three of his colleagues.
"A police team was conducting picket checking at the border. Ramkishan had stopped the car for checking. There were four persons inside the car.
"After frisking the two passengers in the rear seat, when he moved towards the driver side, the person sitting next to the driver fired at him," the official said.
The head constable was rushed to Braham Shakti Hospital where he was declared brought dead, the official said, adding that the four men escaped from the spot.
Ramkishan is survived by wife and two sons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today