Delhi Police head constable shot dead
New Delhi: A 49-year-old Delhi Police head constable was shot dead early Monday by an unidentified man during a vehicle checking drive at a check post in the national capital, police said.
Head constable Ramkishan was shot dead around 2.10 am while he was inspecting a car in the Nangloi area of west Delhi. He was rushed to the Braham Shakti Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Ramkishan had stopped a car as part of a routine vehicle checking drive. After checking the passengers in the rear seat when he approached the driver`s seat, a person sitting beside the driver shot him," a police official said.
The head constable is survived by his wife and two sons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued