Delhi Police head constable shot dead
New Delhi: A 49-year-old Delhi Police head constable was shot dead early Monday by an unidentified man during a vehicle checking drive at a check post in the national capital, police said.
Head constable Ramkishan was shot dead around 2.10 am while he was inspecting a car in the Nangloi area of west Delhi. He was rushed to the Braham Shakti Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Ramkishan had stopped a car as part of a routine vehicle checking drive. After checking the passengers in the rear seat when he approached the driver`s seat, a person sitting beside the driver shot him," a police official said.
The head constable is survived by his wife and two sons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair