Delhi Police head constable shot dead
New Delhi: A 49-year-old Delhi Police head constable was shot dead early Monday by an unidentified man during a vehicle checking drive at a check post in the national capital, police said.
Head constable Ramkishan was shot dead around 2.10 am while he was inspecting a car in the Nangloi area of west Delhi. He was rushed to the Braham Shakti Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Ramkishan had stopped a car as part of a routine vehicle checking drive. After checking the passengers in the rear seat when he approached the driver`s seat, a person sitting beside the driver shot him," a police official said.
The head constable is survived by his wife and two sons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what