Delhi Police head constable shot dead
New Delhi: A 49-year-old Delhi Police head constable was shot dead early Monday by an unidentified man during a vehicle checking drive at a check post in the national capital, police said.
Head constable Ramkishan was shot dead around 2.10 am while he was inspecting a car in the Nangloi area of west Delhi. He was rushed to the Braham Shakti Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Ramkishan had stopped a car as part of a routine vehicle checking drive. After checking the passengers in the rear seat when he approached the driver`s seat, a person sitting beside the driver shot him," a police official said.
The head constable is survived by his wife and two sons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you