Delhi Police head constable shot dead
New Delhi: A 49-year-old Delhi Police head constable was shot dead early Monday by an unidentified man during a vehicle checking drive at a check post in the national capital, police said.
Head constable Ramkishan was shot dead around 2.10 am while he was inspecting a car in the Nangloi area of west Delhi. He was rushed to the Braham Shakti Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Ramkishan had stopped a car as part of a routine vehicle checking drive. After checking the passengers in the rear seat when he approached the driver`s seat, a person sitting beside the driver shot him," a police official said.
The head constable is survived by his wife and two sons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened