Delhi Police hospitalised 32,000 injured in 2012: Report
New Delhi: The Police Control Room (PCR) vehicles of Delhi Police proved life saviours to over 32,000 people injured in various incidents in the national capital last year, a police report said Sunday.
The latest Delhi Police annual report says the PCR vans hospitalised a staggering 32,499 people after they got injured in various incidents.
Delhi Police have a fleet of 750 PCR vehicles, of which 12 were added Sunday, and these work round the clock to ensure safety of the people in the city, a police official said.
According to the report, police received 79,94,169 telephone calls relating to various incidents in 2012, of which 1,09,779 were bogus calls. The PCR vehicles attended to around 17 lakh calls.
It said the PCR vehicles apprehended 99 snatchers, 96 thieves, 23 robbers and 21 auto-lifters, while 142 people were arrested after they were chased for various crimes in 2012.
During the year under review, around 5,179 PCR personnel received awards for their good work, the report said.
"In 2012, the PCRs started checking suspicious looking vehicles in the morning and evening hours, which helped in checking crime in the city," a police official said.
Till December 2012, 9,478 people were fined by the PCRs and 641 were handed over to police as they were found suspicious, showed the data.
Owing to the constant vigil by PCRs, a total of 142 stolen vehicles were recovered, the official said.
While the Central Police Control Room receives distress calls, the PCR vehicles function as mobile police posts to provide immediate help on receipt of such calls, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof