Delhi Police inspector found dead near Pragati Maidan
New Delhi: A Delhi Police inspector has been
found dead inside a park near Pragati Maidan here in
The deceased identified as Shyam Sunder was posted at
Kalyanpuri police station in East Delhi.
Police said prima facie it appeared to be a case of road
accident and one Sahil Gupta has been arrested in this
Gupta was driving back home to Malviya Nagar when his
Maruti Swift rammed into Shyam Sunder`s Santro car from behind
on Bhairo causing death of Shyam Sunder, police claimed.
"A case of rash driving and causing death by negligence
driving under Sections 279 and 304 (A) of IPC has been
registered against Sahil Gupta," a senior police officer
But to a question how the body went inside the park when
the accident took place on the road, police said the case was
"Body has been sent for postmortem. If there was anything
other than the road accident, it will definitely be found
during autopsy. We will take action, accordingly. Prima facie
it appears to be a case of road accident," the officer said.
Gupta`s family, however, claimed before media that when
his car rammed into Inspector`s Santro, it was parked along
the road and no one was inside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley