Delhi Police launch e-map to locate police station
New Delhi: Delhi Police Tuesday launched a new e-initiative `Know Your Police Station` on its website to help people locate the nearest police station.
Commissioner BK Gupta said: "`Know Your Police Station` is a map that will help people find the route to the nearest police station."
The interactive map will also help people find the police station under whose jurisdiction a particular area was, said Gupta.
The interactive map will also be available on smart phones soon, he said.
The map is part of a platform developed in association with Microsoft on the website www.delhipolice.nic.in.
The name and contact number of any Station House Officer could also be found out through the e-initiative, added Gupta.
People could also share information with police.
"In the feedback option, there is a provision to give name, contact number and email address of the feedback sender, but it will be optional," he said.
Gupta said that one could only provide information about general trends with the help of the feedback system, it would not be for complaining about routine affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply