Delhi Police launch e-map to locate police station
New Delhi: Delhi Police Tuesday launched a new e-initiative `Know Your Police Station` on its website to help people locate the nearest police station.
Commissioner BK Gupta said: "`Know Your Police Station` is a map that will help people find the route to the nearest police station."
The interactive map will also help people find the police station under whose jurisdiction a particular area was, said Gupta.
The interactive map will also be available on smart phones soon, he said.
The map is part of a platform developed in association with Microsoft on the website www.delhipolice.nic.in.
The name and contact number of any Station House Officer could also be found out through the e-initiative, added Gupta.
People could also share information with police.
"In the feedback option, there is a provision to give name, contact number and email address of the feedback sender, but it will be optional," he said.
Gupta said that one could only provide information about general trends with the help of the feedback system, it would not be for complaining about routine affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what