Delhi Police launch e-map to locate police station
New Delhi: Delhi Police Tuesday launched a new e-initiative `Know Your Police Station` on its website to help people locate the nearest police station.
Commissioner BK Gupta said: "`Know Your Police Station` is a map that will help people find the route to the nearest police station."
The interactive map will also help people find the police station under whose jurisdiction a particular area was, said Gupta.
The interactive map will also be available on smart phones soon, he said.
The map is part of a platform developed in association with Microsoft on the website www.delhipolice.nic.in.
The name and contact number of any Station House Officer could also be found out through the e-initiative, added Gupta.
People could also share information with police.
"In the feedback option, there is a provision to give name, contact number and email address of the feedback sender, but it will be optional," he said.
Gupta said that one could only provide information about general trends with the help of the feedback system, it would not be for complaining about routine affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'