Delhi Police launch e-map to locate police station
New Delhi: Delhi Police Tuesday launched a new e-initiative `Know Your Police Station` on its website to help people locate the nearest police station.
Commissioner BK Gupta said: "`Know Your Police Station` is a map that will help people find the route to the nearest police station."
The interactive map will also help people find the police station under whose jurisdiction a particular area was, said Gupta.
The interactive map will also be available on smart phones soon, he said.
The map is part of a platform developed in association with Microsoft on the website www.delhipolice.nic.in.
The name and contact number of any Station House Officer could also be found out through the e-initiative, added Gupta.
People could also share information with police.
"In the feedback option, there is a provision to give name, contact number and email address of the feedback sender, but it will be optional," he said.
Gupta said that one could only provide information about general trends with the help of the feedback system, it would not be for complaining about routine affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia