Delhi Police launch e-map to locate police station
New Delhi: Delhi Police Tuesday launched a new e-initiative `Know Your Police Station` on its website to help people locate the nearest police station.
Commissioner BK Gupta said: "`Know Your Police Station` is a map that will help people find the route to the nearest police station."
The interactive map will also help people find the police station under whose jurisdiction a particular area was, said Gupta.
The interactive map will also be available on smart phones soon, he said.
The map is part of a platform developed in association with Microsoft on the website www.delhipolice.nic.in.
The name and contact number of any Station House Officer could also be found out through the e-initiative, added Gupta.
People could also share information with police.
"In the feedback option, there is a provision to give name, contact number and email address of the feedback sender, but it will be optional," he said.
Gupta said that one could only provide information about general trends with the help of the feedback system, it would not be for complaining about routine affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok